The Canada Files - Devlog 03
Welcome back to the weekly Canada Files devlog! I said I was going to try to finish five entire chapters by the end of the month! So, how did I do??
Okay, I clearly still have a ways to go. I suppose the main reason for this is that my end of the month goal was always supposed to be a ridiculous ask — and it did exactly what I hoped it would. I ended up being more motivated than usual and completed all of the backgrounds in chapter one.
In total, File 01 contains eleven backgrounds, and I've finished five of them — so 45% done with them. I'm fairly confident I'll be able to finish the remaining ones by the end of next week.
By the way, when I say "backgrounds" here, I actually mean "3d environments". It can get a bit confusing because sometimes I'm talking about the pre-rendered backgrounds I put in the actual game, and sometimes I'm talking about the 3d environments that I'm making renders of. In terms of rendered backgrounds, I have no idea how many will appear in the final chapters, since I can potentially render an infinite number of angles of these 3D environments if needed.
I also completed a music track this week, which reminded me — I forgot to track music on my progress graph!! As well as a few other things.
"Coding" is what I used to call "Implementation" — it's where I make sure the characters are showing the right expressions during dialogue, add scene transitions, and of course, make sure the mystery gameplay is working properly.
Until next time!
I've moved previews and exclusive content to Patreon so that I'll have more to post there. However, I'll still keep posting here on this blog for major news and give summaries on progress, like this one!