Pageturner 3 - September Intensive (Day 1)
Starting now, I'll be once again posting updates daily — the goal is to make sure something gets done every day, even if it's something small. I've decided to scrap my "Week 1", "Week 2", etc. naming convention because it quickly started to make no sense and deciding what to call this post was really confusing.
This past week I added and coded the sprites I'd made into the game so they're ready for dialogue, but was unable to do anything beyond that. So for the first day, I'm pushing myself a little and I'm hoping to complete the tedious copy and pasting needed in order to code in the final scenes of the game. I'll report back tomorrow about whether I was able to do that.
It's going to be a busy week — there's some big things left to do like finishing the node game, and creating the interrogation game. Those two things might be possible in one week, however — if I really push myself. The project is entering the phase where it's close enough to finishing it that I can start to pick up some momentum and excitement about releasing it, so I'm hoping to capitalize on that.
I was attempting, these past two months, to shift between my different projects fairly quickly. It's a mistake I should've learned not to do — the best way to make fast progress is to focus in on one project at a time. So instead, I'll be alternating "Intensives" — working on this every day for a whole week, and shifting to my other project and working on that every day for a whole week — until both are complete.
Until next time,