Catalyst Wake - Update 14
This week I was a lot busier than usual, and I decided to take some time off to play Resident Evil 8. But I did manage to finish those two scenes I was talking about last week.
I still have to prepare character models and environments in order to make the rest of the CGs. It's probably better to dedicate an entire week to this anyway, as the backgrounds are going to be larger and more detailed than usual. Also this way I'll be able to prepare every background remaining in Summit, rather than just the next two scenes of Summit, if that makes sense.
I've been putting off these environments for a while now — and I've sort of formed a "mental block" in my mind around them where I just can't conceive of creating such large environments. Whenever this happens, it's always a case of not breaking down the goal into small enough parts, so that's what I'm going to try this week.
Also, I took a look at Pageturner and Generation Quest on Scratch and fixed some issues that were caused when Scratch updated to 3.0. For some reason my opening logo animations got messed up. I'm very glad that the engines I work with now are a little more stable!
In other news, we launched the Methods keychains and so far they are a smash hit. I'm happy to see it, because it means we get to make more! There are a lot of characters in Methods to make keychains out of lol.
Until next time!