• LockedOn

Pageturner 3 - Week Ten (Day 7)



The "Tenth Week" of Pageturner 3's development is done! (It's technically Week 12 but shhhhhhhhhh)


Here's what I did today:

- Copied and pasted all the remaining text into Scratch.


The text is in! Now I know that Pageturner 3 contains 910 lines of dialogue! (Yes, I had to copy and paste 910 lines of dialogue into Scratch. Now you know why I was dragging my feet on this project).

So, the bad news is, I wasn't able to complete my goal of implementing all the remaining scenes in one week — but it was a little unrealistic anyway.


The good news is, copying and pasting the text is the most tedious thing I had to do while working on the game — and now I don't have to do it anymore!


The second most tedious is coding the dialogue. But now I get to make sprites, music, and backgrounds, and see the game come together at last — which is a lot more fun. I definitely don't want to rush making the final two backgrounds in the game, so it's probably better I didn't try to cram that into this week anyway.


There are still some challenges ahead. But I'm closer than I've ever been to actually finishing Pageturner 3! It's making me very hopeful about using this new workflow with Catalyst Wake, and of course, Broken Spirits, and all of my other future projects. This has taken me a little longer than I thought, but I did not expect to start working on two other separate, complex projects in addition to this, so I think that's pretty good!


For Week Eleven, I'm not going to clutter up this blog with a post every day. I might do that for some week in the future, if I feel like progress on this is slowing again, and now I'm aware that that's a technique I can use when I'm not as motivated.


Until next time!



— LockedOn.

11 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All